Habanero Venison Burgers
- 1 lb ground venison (cut with beef or pork fat)
- 1/2 yellow onion (cut julienne style)
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- 1 Habanero pepper (fresh, sliced)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Asiago cheese (sliced or shredded)
- BBQ sauce
- Separate and flatten the burger into patties. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the burgers on both sides until golden brown and slightly charred.
- Move away from direct heat and top with cheese. Move the burgers off the grill after cheese melts.
- Sautee onions and habanero pepper in butter or oil until tender. Be sure to do this in a well ventilated area - the habanero fumes will burn!
- Spread some mayonnaise on the bottom bun and toss on a few tomato slices.
- Add the burger pattie and top with onions, habanero, and BBQ sauce